May 16, 2012

Neutrals

The first time I started blogging it was to deal with the change of moving to a more isolated-feeling location (Minnesota). A place that seemed a bit more disconnected from Style, Fashion, Beauty, Glamour, and Artifice than my previous residence in California. I had great fun playing a character who did not fit into this humble environment in terms of daily dress.

Now, I reside in a city. Despite what you may have heard, people in San Francisco do put on airs of "having style" in select locations on a not altogether infrequent basis. I enjoy this, but it also puts my own appearance again into question. What role do I want to play here? What garments suit my needs? (What are my needs?)

Though I maintain a commitment to hot pink (to be further demonstrated), and have investigated select prints, I often find a neutral palette is the best thing for dealing with uncertainty.

These two looks are notable in that I managed to successfully not wear any black. I share them with you because I actually wore them. While I might sound less than confident about these matters, I assure you that these are all garments that suit me quite well. I enjoy them, for the time being.






:)

2 comments:

Twobreadsplease said...

you are looking lovely! please tell me where those amazing tan shoes are from xx

Susie said...

the shoes are calvin klein collection! found them on yoox.com about a year ago, and i wear them constantly.