February 20, 2012

Part 2: Composure, Francophilia

Second up in my current group of 3 inspiring collection: Sonia Rykiel spring 2012. It's so very French. The styling reads girlish, but the clothes are cut to wonderfully grown-up shapes and proportions. These looks seem to require that you have your shit together, at least outwardly, to pull them off. Your confidence-in-your-appearance game as well as your general strong woman swagger must all be firmly intact.

Love the pastels with black, love the slouchy and the baggy. I want to live in a world where people wear primarily luxurious-looking fabrics in everyday life.




Love the shoes so much. Ditto the ribbon-adorned soft top baseball cap. I'm crazy about the dark orange dress with black stripes. (That would look so good on me.) I want to fashion myself in (perhaps some discount version of) all these looks. Slouchy sweater vests and silk skirts are not hard to come by, neither are 70s geometric knits and voluminous, pale bottoms. But that orange dress is a singular one. There is no other version of it that will suffice.



Bright colors, ya'll. Because it's almost Spring!

2 comments:

Claudette said...

oh, i've missed you so.

i too "want to live in a world where people wear primarily luxurious-looking fabrics in everyday life." emphasis on looking, in my case. luxury is often a luxury i cannot afford. or justify.

to point out the obvious, that yellow runway does it for me. It's like they're reversing the whole jil sander paradigm and they don't give a fuck. i dig the irreverence.

nice to have you back! :)

Anonymous said...

I am crazy about every outfit! - jnut