December 30, 2011

It's not a cape. It's a cloak.



If you had run into me yesterday in the outside world, where it was overcast and cool but not cold, then this is what you would have seen. Not the bloggiest of blogger outfits, but that's kind of my point. It's just what I wore.

There were tan leopard print socks as well as tiny polka dots on my shirt. The shoes (vintage Robert Clergerie) are my winter counterpart to my ultimate summer mesh top slightly platformy loafer. And the leather bag is something I've owned for years but just sort of rediscovered. I think that I wasn't ready for it at the time of purchase, but have grown into it. A very satisfying feeling. More on said bag to follow.

So right, me. Heading out into the world, yet again, in clothes.



The cloak is a Christmas gift. It is vintage Scottish 3 ply cashmere. I didn't know what that meant. But apparently it's the thickest weave of cashmere which is most durable and won't pill.



This thing feels pretty amazing on, like an adult baby blanket that passes for outerwear. I'm very happy to welcome it into my closet and into my life. I imagine it will serve me quite well.


1 comment:

K. said...

I need to know more about the cloak and the bag. Where can I get them?