August 13, 2010

So, I bought some Celine...

I've taken my fandom to new levels, having bought an ugly vintage Celine purse and convincing myself that it's cool.

Well, to the credit of myself and every other vintage purse carrying etsy browsing thrift store rummaging 20 something girl, it's not like we weren't all way ahead of the small boxy shoulder bag trend. I had been wanting to put some distance between myself and my vintage Coach bags, and figured in a sea of vintage Coach/Dooney & Bourke, some monogrammed vintage Celine might be just tacky enough. 

I consider this lil bag my way of showing appreciation for something I can never have. Because let's face it, I will never be one of these people: (see link).
Be with me on this. Tell me the monogram is so bad it's good.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I know precisely squat about fashion for the most part... so: that bag isn't tacky. A little ugly maybe, but tacky? I'm sure I've dragged around worse than that at one point or another because *I* thought it was cool.

chukwubuikem said...

it's not really that tacky. i admit it looks a bit too much like the uber-tacky coach ones, but i mean it's still celine (which is undeniably better). i knew what the link was with even having to open it. i don't know how many times i've looked at those pics.

http://indian-winter.blogspot.com/