August 17, 2010

The dog days are over

Hi guys, I'm just chilling on my windowsill in my new Acne trousers, no big thing.
Being able to comfortably wear pants and perch here to enjoy the breeze is something I am savoring in a way I did not know possible. Minneapolis sure knows how to make a girl appreciate a perfect day in the 70s. It's by making us suffer for it. 

But since you came here to see the goods, not talk about the weather, let's get on with it.

I am so fucking stoked on these pants and their perfection, I cannot even tell you in type. Silk, light as air, pleated, ballooning out but not becoming tight at the ankle - just tapered, twisted side seams, and the DYE. I... will stop.
 

I also enjoyed wearing them tucked into the backs of my shoes, like so:

These pants, from Acne's end of season sale, along with some excellent second hand shopping over the weekend, have completely rejuvenated me for fall. Honestly, sometimes this blogger gig gets a little stale. I'm sure others out there who write and photograph themselves must feel the same way at times. But after a little rut of being so over it, I'm so back into it. Something changed this weekend with the most perfect weather, Mike being home for 3 days in a row, stacks of thick mags, finding a number of key fall items, and conceptualizing new looks. Very exciting things. I love the feeling of arriving back into your own life (and style) after those brief little departures into aloofness.

Whenever I'm overwhelmed by the need to ride a wave of positivity into productivity, I turn to Nina. She sure knows how to remind me of how good feeling good really can feel.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore your blog....

I cannot wait to see some Fall looks!

It is my favorite season for fashion.

Miss Woo said...

Wow those trousers are amazing, the tye die effects are really unusual, almost space print like?

And thank you for the fantastic comment on my post, I wrote a long reply but tl;dr I agree with what you said about blogging, I don't see how a fashion blog would hold my interest if there wasn't some explanation on why what or how the blogger's was inspired. Though I think the process of dressing itself for me, is always semi conscious.

Emily and Abigail said...

really great pants!!

www.lovelywanderlust.com

DEAD FLEURETTE said...

I just discovered your blog through cheapskate chic.. I love what I'm seeing and can't wait to start following your blog. I love the simplicity in this outfit, yet it is intriguing and suit your body well.

xx

chukwubuikem said...

the pants are beautiful! i literally just posted about acne!

i'm now so over dressing up and doing outfit posts! nice to see you're back into it!

http://indian-winter.blogspot.com/

Hello Lindello said...

the dye! the dye! can't get over how great these are.

Hard Liquor, Soft Holes said...

GORGEOUS!