August 7, 2010

Big black dress

You may recall this Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair dress I brought home from Seattle.

I knew it was good when I bought it, and it has only continued to bring me pleasant feelings long after the initial burst of excitement. It has the fit of a mumu/caftan and is super soft. Best of all, I keep finding new ways to wear it. I wanted to share a few with you. I truly hope you are into this sort of thing...


With belt.


As drapey tee with spacey shorts and Birks.


With black jellies and jacket.


On top of the lace dress that brought me moderate to minor amounts of internet recognition.
PS I BOUGHT ANOTHER BLACK HAT
Just thought you should know. This one is straw. My others are all wool. It was really brutal in Chicago and I set out for a straw hat. I was open to other colors, really.


There are so many more possibilities for this dress, and I anticipate it moving into fall with me nicely. Speaking of seasonal transitions, I do hope to involve myself more deeply with some color and pattern in the future. I'm just very selective about these things; I can't make any promises.

5 comments:

Lorena said...

I love how the cut of this dress is so perfect hat it looks great completely by itself. It looks so comfortable it definitely seems like something you would end up "living in", only taking it off to wash it haha. I never would have thought about folding it up to wear it as a t-shirt but it looks great, how have you managed to get all of that extra fabric to drape so perfectly!? Versatile clothing is the best, which is your favorite way to wear it?

Also, you are the queen of black hats!

Michael said...

I really like this post boo, and I suspect the internets might as well.

Jessica Sue said...

That dress is so lovely belted.

Carissa said...

great dress <3

Susie said...

Lorena, I do indeed want to live in it and washing it is such a drag. I don't know if I have a favorite way to wear it, but I was pleased as well with how nicely it draped when tied as a shirt.