March 29, 2010

Woes of early adulthood

Somehow I've ended up in something resembling a professional job. Almost. It's like I've got one foot in the door/grave. Sometimes, this feels good. Like as an excuse to wear more tailored clothing. Other times, this sucks and I hate growing up. And on other days, my mind just oscillates and I end up feeling confused. Mike saw this outfit and was like, "It's pretty J. Crew." To which I said, "these tights have a big run in them." And the shoes have to count for something, right?

How I make myself happy on a workday morning:

I match my nails to my belt.

When I'm feeling like a little brat about having to conform to get along in mainstream grown-up land, I just remember the perhaps metaphoric message from A League of Their Own, "THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL." Indeed, Tom Hanks, indeed.

1 comment:

Dandy Al said...

I don't know what you do, but you look pretty damn cute, girl! for what it's worth.