February 12, 2010

For all-black days

Excerpt from a conversation between Hans Ulrich Obrist and Yohji Yamamoto. Reproduced from: A BLOG curated by

YY: Yes, I’m very interested in making shapes, or forms, motions, actions, fluidity, silhouettes. So it naturally became monotone, I don't need any colour to speak.

HUO: And what about black, since black plays a very big role for you?

YY: Black is arrogant. But sometimes black can protect you. Sometimes black doesn’t bother people. Sometimes it is strong. Black means a lot.

1 comment:

hereisafantasylikenowhereelse.wordpress.com said...

http://www.copenhagenfashionweek.com/uploads/DAFI_collectionImage/15379/12660181612.jpg

I wish that I could leave photo comments! I saw this and I thought about how difficult it is in this Minneapolis weather to wear a scarf tucked under a belt even though it helps to fight off wearing too much black. Wearing too much black is a problem of mine.

Hans is one of my favorites.