January 13, 2010

Welcome to a new decade (a bit late)

We've been back in the US for a couple days now. I feel like I'm recovering from being hit by a train, but in a good way, like a big train full of fun. We ended the decade in the best way possible: by getting married on New Year's Eve surrounded by our closest friends and family, under a blue moon, in Los Angeles. Oh, and there was a bitchin dance party. After that we were in Rome and then on the Amalfi coast for a week, and here we are. Back in Minneapolis.

While stuffing outselves to the brink with delicious foods, we had lots of time (without once going online or using a cell phone) to think about what we want in the new year. It's an exciting time, this new decade. My friends and I have talked about this for some time, but I think it's really time to stay focused on manifesting positivity and letting yourself be a part of the world. The good will flow from that. Judgement and irony are so last decade. And I'm feeling tired of haters of all sorts, myself included. I need to keep that shit in check. It's too easy and I want to challenge myself. This new year feels half like a revelation and half like a continuation of the path I've already started to forge.

I love when I can sense others growing and changing. So far in this life, I've managed to meet some of the most inspiring people, and I'm lucky enough to count them as my close friends. I can't wait to see what this decade holds in store for us all.

All that said, here is what I bought on honeymoon in Positano, Italy: 2 pairs of new sunglasses.

Never before did I desire anything Armani, but these are quite different.
New Dior.Overall, the shopping in Italy was a bust, except for this one little glasses shop. Other than these I bought wool socks from a street vendor in Rome, and a sweater and hat because it was way colder than I expected.

Also, did you know that in Rome the shiny puffer coat is more common than pasta? After seeing so many puffers everywhere I looked, I am pretty much cured of my Moncler lust.

We'll post some wedding photos soon, but just because the clothes were special. Don't worry, it's not gonna become that kind of blog...

Happy Belated New Year!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I love, love the first glasses! I like your thoughts on 2010. One of my thoughts was that I needed to begin to be more gracious, but I'm going to keep these things you said in mind, too.

hard liquor; soft holes said...

congratulations!

ps. the captcha on this was "vowns", a cross b/w vows and gowns?