January 30, 2010

Only the best for you

A sampling platter from "Balletic" styled by Katie Shillingford and photographed by Ben Toms, at Dazed Digital.I have not been so enamored of an editorial in quite some time. Maybe the title aroused my oddly bourgeois/little girlish fetish for ballet aesthetics? Featuring pieces by Jil Sander, Burberry Prorsum, Margaret Howell, Gautier, Gareth Pugh, Calvin Klein, Lanvin, Vivienne Westwood... and so on. It captures perfectly the balance between dramatics and creating a desire to actually were the pieces. I would wear the shit out of the last look.

Elsewhere on the internet, new album by The Knife is streaming. I think they pair nicely.

Source: http://www.theknife.net/

1 comment:

Shini said...

creepy yet so beautiful, sorta has a corpse bride feel to it. You're so right, I'd wear the crap out of the last look, and the pink one <3