November 16, 2009

Getting Direction(s)

There's nothing like a solid Tokyo street style blog to leave me wondering where the day went.


I'm immediately impressed by the vision, fearlessness, and attitude of Japanese street style. These kids are absolutely killing it, and it's causing me to rethink the direction my style has been taking these last few years.



This is the image that inspired this post. So simple, so right on. The pants are perfect. That's a shape I'd love to be able to wear to work. I also dig the hankie in the shirt pocket. It's a subtle way to turn a rule on its head while adding a fun pop of color to my gray outfits.



Everything here is interesting to me. Vaguely adrogynous? Check. Baggy suspenders? Check. Shawl-cape-blanket thingy? Chizeck. All that and aughties techno boots? Excellent work.


I'm really interested in the over-long shirt. This reminded me of one of the Patrik Ervell AW09 looks that I really liked:

Still thinking about how to work something like this into my rotation.

And this guy I'm just throwing in because how awesome is it that this outfit totally fails without that giant cross necklace?


That thing pulls it all together. And while I would normally be tempted to poke fun at this outfit, something about the way it comes together makes it untouchable. Bravo.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Wait, I still want to poke fun at the last outfit. What's wrong with me?

Susie said...

boo, you can totally borrow any of my t-shirt dresses if you want.