October 17, 2009

Strange things this week

Monday began an unusual week. It was so cold and snow happened. Mike had the day off so we ventured out for coffee and shopping. Here is the baby himself, in his A.P.C. coat that I bought for him almost 2 years ago now.Annnd we're off.That's right. I bought it for him. Almost 2 years ago. We've only been together for 2 years and 4 months, so that makes me a crazy person. I'm glad it worked out and we're getting married because that is a nice jacket.

The first snow of the year is kinda magical. But usually there aren't still green leaves on the trees when it happens!
Today it's beautiful and sunny and much warmer (48!). I walked around the block with my coffee. I wore Mike's thick knit sweater, my plaid Charlotte Ronson (for... ehem... UO) jacket, and my new vintage hot pink suede loafers!!! I love them!!

Here is what I saw. On the same block as all that snow from Monday.And beneath that tree... Evidence that our neighbors know how to have fun better than us?

I'll just keep looking up.
The "fall smell" was abundant out there today.
:)

1 comment:

Michael said...

Great great great post. A+ on that outfit. And the trees look magical. Wish I could've been there with you.

And this:

I'm glad it worked out and we're getting married because that is a nice jacket.

I'm dying laughing right now.