October 9, 2009

Recently thrifted

This week I...

1. ...started trying to break in these new (old) shoes I bought a while back at Lost and Found, a thrift/resale store on Nicollet, which has mostly 80s and 90s things they most likely found at other thrift stores and have marked up. But sometimes I just need someone else to do that work of picking at the actual thrift stores for me. So I bought these unworn vintage Kenneth Cole spectators there for $22. These shoes are too small for me and hurt really bad today. But it was the same case with my Delman's and now they fit perfectly. You just have to suffer a few times... right?

2. ...re-discovered how many coats I own. This being one of them. And I had totally forgotten about this scarf. I got both of these at Buffalo Exchange in San Diego before moving. Once I knew I was coming to MN, for about 5 months in the middle of California summer, all I bought were coats. Speaking of Buffalo Exchange, I picked up these shoes at the MN location down the street from my apt over the summer. Wore them with this outfit, making all but the denim and blouse underneath from various versions of the same, ubiquitous second-hand store...
4. ...realized my hair is getting quite long. Long enough that I purchased a proper hairbrush. I don't think I've owned one for about 6 years now. Is that gross?Total vanity shot there guys. No really, that's my makeshift vanity I'm standing in front of. I took this picture to try to figure out if my hair was long enough to wear it like Aaliyah. It's not quite there yet.

5. ...did lots and lots of other bullshit. Including engaging in my unending internal dialogue about whether or not to drop out of school.

3 comments:

gerald said...

your hair is getting so long. are you going to wear a braid?

gerald said...

oh, and i love those shoes and that coat and can remember when you purchased both. the coat is j crew right?

Susie said...

banana republic on the coat. that blouse and cardigan are j. crew though, lol. that's a lotta mall for one outfit :(