August 21, 2009

Rainy day thrifting

Yesterday, during some torrential rain, Mike and I went to Savers (massive thrift store) to do some intensive digging. Didn't find the things I was hoping for, but got some rad clogs, trousers, and a slip.

These clogsare legit.Kind of in love with them. Adorable, no? (Ok I understand if the answer to that really is "no," but I do not care.)
Also picked up these trousersI'm so excited it's almost fall! These are wool/silk and fully lined, but I'm thinking of cutting the liner at the knee so I can wear them rolled up.

Who knows why I'm posting a picture of a basic slip? This is only the second one I own though, and it has a nice lacey hem, so good for layering. My other one is crap material and I cut it super short.
Follow up on those oneandahalf basics, I really do wear them like every day. What I wore:It's this one And I found it pleasing to mix in a cream colored scarf with the dress' attached black one. Got to use my Hunter rain boots and splash in the puddles!

Stay tuned guys, I think Mike's about to make a post!

1 comment:

littlebabyc said...

I WISH I WAS THERE. I WISH IT WOULD RAIN IN CA. I WISH I COULD WEAR COATS. I WISH I WOULDN'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO MUCH. I WISH IT WERE NEW YEAR'S EVE ALREADY!!